How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Monday, January 3, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti squash does not get enough attention. It is fabulous! We use it as a pasta substitute pretty regularly. I enjoy it a little under done so it's still a bit crunchy, it adds great texture to the meal. I serve it to my kids and say it's spaghetti and they don't know any different.

It is also a great side dish, mix melted butter, brown sugar, and pepper, and you've got a deliciously healthy treat!



Spaghetti Squash

  • 1 spaghetti squash
  • Marinara Sauce- or desired sauce
  • Parmesan Cheese

Halve squash length wise, remove seeds. Place squash halves in baking dish, cut side down. Prick skin with fork all over. Bake at 350 for 30-40 min, until tender. Let cool a little. Using a fork, scrape pulp from shell. Serve with warm sauce and sprinkle with cheese.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I would love to try week 6 of the 4 day menu...please. (Cilantro beef??? can't wait!)
Thanks!

Young Family said...

Looks great Amber! Send me the 4 Day week #2
thanks :)