How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Friday, December 3, 2010

Mexican Bean Soup



Mexican Bean Soup (serves 4)

Ingredients:

  • Canola oil
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 5 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 3-4 c. chicken broth
  • 1 15 1/2-ounce can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
  • 1 1/2 c. frozen corn (I like white best)
  • 3/4 c. salsa
  • 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder or cumin

Cooking Directions:

Heat oil in large pan. Add zucchini and scallions, stirring cook until soft, about 3 min. Add broth, beans, corn, chili/cumin, lime, and salsa. Bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer for about 3 min. Stir in cilantro.

1 comment:

ajensen said...

I would love week 4 of the 4 day menu.....hmmmm sounds so good right now...all of them!

Do your kids eat the squash spaghetti (texture doesn't bother them?) I like the meals for that week except I dont know if they would eat that one???