How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Wreath Cookies

We made these every year when I was a child. As I was thinking of Holiday crafts to make with my girls, I remembered these.
When I took my first bite, it was such a sweet nostalgic taste. These are easy and fun to make but very sticky!



Christmas Wreath Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 4 c. miniature marshmallows, or 1 10 oz bag regular
  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 4 c. corn flakes
  • Green food coloring
  • Red hots sprinkles
Cooking Directions
Melt butter and marshmallows in saucepan, stirring consistently. Stir in green food coloring to desired green. Stir in cornflakes until mixed well.

On wax paper, using two spoons, drop balls of cereals mix and allow to cool just a bit. With slightly buttered fingers, poke a hole in the ball and spread to look like a wreath. This part can be tricky if it's too sticky. Add red hots and allow to cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yours look so much PRETTIER than mine--and not just because of the two beauties posing with them...:o)
http://anothertiredmommy.blogspot.com/2011/12/niceness-is-definitely-underrated.html