How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Candy Cane Oreos

This week our playgroup held a soup and cookie swap. We figured Christmas was a good excuse to meet and eat food. I love cookie exchanges- it's always so much fun to see what others make for the Holiday's. The soup was an added bonus, it helped fill up our bellies before getting to the treats.

I made Mexican Bean Soup, on of my favorites. It was one of my first posts on my blog so if you haven't discovered it yet, you may just want to "go there." It's a quick soup, very healthy, and so scrumptious!

Candy Cane Oreos
I'm sure everyone makes homemade oreos, which are awesome. For Christmas, I make mine with vanilla frosting and crush up candy canes. I could eat a lot of them.


Candy Cane Oreos
Ingredients:
  • 2 boxes Devil's cake mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 c. oil
  • Vanilla frosting (canned or homemade)
  • Crushed candy canes- I like to do quite a bit, crush very fine)
  • Food coloring- if you desire

Cooking Directions
Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil until moist- it will be difficult. Sometimes I just use my hands at the end. Roll into balls about 1 1/2 in. Bake 350 for 8 min. Smack tray on counter.

Mix candy canes into frosting, frost cookie and sandwich.

*Frosting for regular homemade oreos
8 oz cream cheese
2 2/3c. powdered sugar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have NOT made my own Oreos nor have I ever tasted THIS delicious version! Thanks for posting this recipe so that I WILL taste them soon! :o)
http://anothertiredmommy.blogspot.com/2011/12/niceness-is-definitely-underrated.html