How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Craisin Bran Muffins

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, she brought some to me in the hospital after I had my first baby. Now, I give them to all my friends after they have babies. These are by far the best tasting bran muffins I've ever had.
I added a few things to tailor to my liking. If you don't like craisins, they are also so delicious with dried apples, probably any fruit for that matter.
For a real treat, I top them with cream cheese frosting, but that just makes them too good.

The best part about this recipe is that it makes a ton. I usually make a dozen at a time and keep the batter in the fridge for about two weeks.


Craisin Bran Muffins

Ingredients

  • 3 c. sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c. shortening
  • 5 c. flour
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 qt buttermilk (can mix milk with 4 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar)
  • 4 c. bran flakes
  • 1 to 2 c. craisins
  • 2 c. boiling water
  • 2 c All-bran
  • Cinnamon & sugar mixed together
Cooking Directions:
Mix boiling water and All-bran, set aside. In large bowl, cream eggs, sugar, and shortening. Add buttermilk. Combine flour, salt, soda and cinnamon and mix into muffin batter. Stir in bran mixture and mix well. Fold in bran flakes and craisins.

Fill muffin tins and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 320 for 20 min until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: