These are the most basic lettuce wraps and still very tasty!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Oil for cooking
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained, chopped, I like a lot so I use an 8 oz can
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin or Oyster sauce
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 c. scallions, finely chopped
- Lettuce leaves, washed and separated.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large sauce pan. Add chicken and garlic, stir-fry until light brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Reduce heat to low. Add water chestnuts, oyster or hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and scallions. Fill lettuce leaves and enjoy.