How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Carnitas

It's what my husband requested for Father's Day. I hadn't made them before but something like it so I looked up a few recipes and made my own. Can I just say, they rocked (which is why I'm recording it now...so I can recreate it later)!



Carnitas
  • Pork roast- I'm sure it will work with any other meat as well
  • 1 7oz can diced green chilies
  • 1/2 -1 c. salsa- medium added just the right amount of kick
  • Lots of lime juice, fresh is always best
  • Salt, garlic salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder
Cooking Directions:
Brown the meat in sauce pan, season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Fill crock pot with enough water to almost cover the roast. Cook on low for 4-5 hrs or until meat pulls apart easily. Drain water and shred meat. Mix in salsa, chilies, cumin, chili powder and more salt and pepper. Squeeze in lime juice and mix. Cook another 2 hrs.

Serve in taco shells or on tortillas with desired toppings. May I suggest a lot of sweet onions.

No comments: