It's what my husband requested for Father's Day. I hadn't made them before but something like it so I looked up a few recipes and made my own. Can I just say, they rocked (which is why I'm recording it now...so I can recreate it later)!
- Pork roast- I'm sure it will work with any other meat as well
- 1 7oz can diced green chilies
- 1/2 -1 c. salsa- medium added just the right amount of kick
- Lots of lime juice, fresh is always best
- Salt, garlic salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder
Brown the meat in sauce pan, season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Fill crock pot with enough water to almost cover the roast. Cook on low for 4-5 hrs or until meat pulls apart easily. Drain water and shred meat. Mix in salsa, chilies, cumin, chili powder and more salt and pepper. Squeeze in lime juice and mix. Cook another 2 hrs.
Serve in taco shells or on tortillas with desired toppings. May I suggest a lot of sweet onions.