- Mix wet ingredients together first, then gradually add dry.
- The less flour the more it will rise (but make sure there is enough).
- Allow a couple hours to let the dough rise quite a bit.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on the pan or stone to ensure that it won't stick.
- If you are having difficulty rolling out the dough, walk away from it for a bit. It will roll out better.
- Cook your rolled out dough for about 5 min before putting sauce, and toppings on.
Pizza (makes 2 pizzas)
- 1 c warm water
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 unsifted flour (less is best).
- Corn meal
- Garlic powder, Rosemary and basil flakes if desired
- 1 can tomato sauce (mix in garlic powder, basil, oregano, and pepper)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Desired toppings: Pepperoni, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, chopped spinach, etc.
Mix water with yeast and sugar, allow yeast to agitate. Blend all ingredients in Bosch/Kitchen Aid adding flour slowly. Set aside to rise until doubled. Punch and roll out. Makes 2 12-in crusts. Sprinkle corn meal on pan before placing crust on pan- so it won’t stick. Bake crust alone for about 5 min, and then add sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Bake @ 375 for 15-20 min.