How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Granola


Two of my sister-in-laws have had homemade granola on hand for quite some time. I've always enjoyed it so I finally started making my own. I kind of combined the components that I like from both of theirs into this one.

This is good granola. When I'm really watching what I eat, I pound this stuff. When I'm not watching so well, I really pound it. Enjoy!



Granola
Ingredients:
  • 4 1/2 c. whole oats
  • 1 c. bran flakes
  • 1 c. rice krispies
  • 2 c. nuts, seeds, etc (you can add more bran flakes, rice krispies, etc)
  • 1 c. coconut
Mix these in a large bowl and set aside.
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. honey (I use mostly Agave nectar)
  • 1/4 c. water
Microwave in glass bowl for 3 to 5 min, until boiling. Remove and stir in:
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Slowly pour over oat mixture and stir to coat. Spread evenly on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 275 for 20 min. Rotate racks and bake an additional 15-18 min.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and allow to cool. If you like crumbs, fluff with fork before it cools, if you like it chunky, let it cool first.



1 comment:

Missy said...

I made the granola yesterday and can't stop eating it! Excited to make more. Thanks Amber!