How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Monday, September 12, 2011

Lasagna

My friend Angelica introduced me to Fennel. I love Fennel. It gives ground beef a sausage taste which makes lasagna taste better and a bit cheaper.
I love a lot of spinach in mine, I add almost a whole bag and the kiddos never even notice.


Lasagna
Ingredients:
  • 12-15 no cook lasagna noodles
  • 1 lb ground sausage, or ground beef
  • 2 15 oz cans diced tomato
  • 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 c. chopped spinach
  • 16 oz cottage cheese
  • 1 c. Parmesan cheese
  • 3 c. mozzarella cheese
  • Parsley, oregano, basil (fresh is best), fennel seeds (if using ground beef)
Cooking Directions:
Crush 1-2 tsp fennel seeds. Saute garlic and onion in a little oil for about 1 min. Add sausage or beef (add fennel seeds). Cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and dash oregano and basil. Simmer about 5 min.

In separate bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, and 1 tsp parsley.

In 9 x 13 pan, spread a little sauce on bottom. Lay noodles on top. Then layer with cottage cheese, chopped spinach, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Lay another layer of noodles and repeat layers. End with a layer of noodles and top with a little meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 25 min, uncover and bake an additional 5 min.

No comments: