We love ginger root in this house. I use extra ginger in this dish to get the perfect burst of flavor. Delicious!
Chinese Beef & Snow Peas
- 1 1/2 lb steak, thinly sliced, pounded
- 1/3 c. soy sauce plus 1 tsp
- 2-3 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in strips
- Oil, for cooking
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 c. beef stock
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
Place meat in bowl, mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and stir into meat. In small cup, dissolve cornstarch into beef stock. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok and add onion. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add beef and snow peas and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add beef stock, sesame oil, and extra soy sauce. Stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over rice immediately.