How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Independence Pasta

My sister introduced me to this dish, which happens to be an explosion of all good things with every bite. I love it! I took liberty to tweak it to my preferences but how she does is always just as good. She marinades her chicken in Caesar dressing instead of balsamic vinegar, and doesn't saute her onions, I prefer mine a little less potent.
Either way, your salivary glands will still be pleased.



Independence Pasta (serves 6-8)
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Pasta, any variety, cooked
  • Cardini's brand Caesar dressing
  • 2-3 chicken breasts
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 pt cheery tomatoes, halved length wise
  • 1/2 red onion, cut in thin strips about 1/2 in long
  • 2 c. fresh basil leaves, slightly chopped
  • Parmesan cheese, grated
  • Olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic
Cooking Directions:
Cut chicken into chunks and place in oven dish. Pour balsamic vinegar mixed with a little olive oil over chicken to cover. Marinade at least 1-2 hours. Bake at 350 about 20 or until it's almost done. Remove from oven.

In large sauce pan, add onion and garlic to 1 Tbsp olive oil. Cook about 2 min, until onions begin to soften. Add tomato and chicken and cook 1 min. Remove from heat, add pasta, basil, and 1/2 c. dressing. Stir to coat, add more dressing according to taste. Stir in generous amount of Parmesan cheese, and serve.

1 comment:

Missy said...

This recipe was delicious! I used the balsamic vinegar and cooked the chicken in the crock pot. I'm too lazy. We loved it. Definitely a keeper. I added zucchini to it too. I was in a creative mood this time, I guess. :)