How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Monday, August 8, 2011

Baked Burritos- Enchilada style




Baked Burritos (makes about 8)

Ingredients:

  • 2c. cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1 can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 small can sliced black olives
  • 1 can diced green chilies (4 oz)
  • 2 c. cheddar cheese
  • 1 3/4 c. salsa
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 c. sour cream, plus extra for topping
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Burrito size tortillas
  • 1 can Enchilada sauce, I like green on this
  • 2 scallions, diced
  • Lettuce

Cooking Directions:

Mix chicken, beans, olives, chilies, salsa, sour cream cumin, salt, pepper and 1 c. cheese. Spoon into tortillas and fold like burritos. Place on lightly sprayed sheet, seam side down. Bake at 425 about 15 min. Remove from heat and cover each burrito with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with more cheese and scallions. Bake an additional 5 min. Serve with lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.

*If you like some spice, use 1 can Ro-tel instead of salsa, use hot enchilada sauce, and sprinkle with pepper-jack cheese on top.




2 comments:

Missy and Nick said...

Are burrito size tortillas the big ones?? Remember, I am from Jersey. :) I can't wait to make this meal too. It has been such a crazy month. I haven't been able to cook much. I hope to try all these yummy recipes in the fall if not sooner, I hope!!! Thanks so much Amber for posting these yummy recipes!

Karla said...

this dish has made it into my freezer meals! it was so good was very quick and easy!