How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Veggie Baked Ziti

My sister-in-law served this dish to us a while ago and I finally got a hold of the recipe, we've made it twice already this month. A great way to get the kiddos eating veggies, tastes great, and so easy. You can add any vegetables but I really like it like this:



Veggie Baked Ziti
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ziti, cooked
  • 2 medium zucchini, can substitute or add 1 yellow squash
  • 3 c. chopped spinach, or more
  • 1 small onion
  • 2-3 cloves garlic
  • 16 oz cottage cheese
  • 3 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 jar marinara sauce
  • Basil, 1 tsp dried, 1/2 c. fresh, chopped
  • Salt and Pepper taste
  • Olive oil
Cooking Directions:
Saute onion and garlic in 1 tsp olive oil. Add zucchini. Cook until tender. Add spinach and cook another minute. Add marinara sauce, cottage cheese, ziti, basil, salt and pepper, and half the mozzarella. Stir and pour into a 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top. Bake at 425 for 10 min or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

James & Tara Huish said...

MMMMM....already bought all the stuff to make this for dinner tomorrow! That will be the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks:) Delicious. I am LOVING your blog and am wanting to make EVERYTHING! You could sell a oookbook! Thanks again for introducing me to truly DELICIOUS food. Amazing.