How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Red Pepper Pasta

I returned home from an EPIC family vacation two days ago. My entire family went to a Lake house and we had a blast! One of the best parts about it was bad to no cell phone coverage and internet service. Love being off the grid. I liked it so much that I pretended I wasn't home for just one more day.

Alas, here I am and I needed something to warm my heart so how about some great tasting pasta. This dish will always cheer me up. I know you'll enjoy it too.



Red Pepper Pasta
Ingredients:
  • Pasta- any variety
  • 1 (12 oz) jar Roasted Red Peppers, well drained
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 3/4 c. fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
  • 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • Optional: cooked chicken, cut in strips
Cooking Directions
Cook pasta and set aside. Combine peppers, cream cheese, milk, basil, garlic salt and parmesan cheese in blender. Blend well and pour into pan. Add broccoli (and chicken), salt and pepper, and heat through.

No comments: