How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Green Chilies & Cheese Burritos

I know bean burritos aren't very original.
Here's how I like to "dress up" a very basic meal.


Green Chilies & Cheese Burritos (serves 5-6)
Ingredients:
  • 2 cans Refried beans
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 7 oz can diced green chilies
  • 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
  • White corn
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • cilantro, chopped
  • cumin
  • 1/4 - 1/2 c. milk
  • Sour cream
  • Tortillas
Cooking Directions:
In sauce pan, saute the onion in a small amount of butter about 1 minute. Add refried beans, milk, diced chilies and dash cumin. Cook until heated through, add cheese and stir until melted.

Layer beans, corn, tomato, sour cream and cilantro in tortilla. Wrap and enjoy.

1 comment:

Karla said...

made it. loved it. Perhaps a new weekly meal for our family!