How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Monday, July 18, 2011

Chicken Bacon Bake

Every time I ate at the Cheesecake Factory I would order this dish- which I can't even remember what it is called. One day, I thought, I can make something like this. And I did. What's not to like about chicken slathered with cheese and bacon? I like to on top of mashed potatoes and we always have it with garlic and honey glazed asparagus. It also works great on the grill.

Chicken Bacon Bake (serves 6)

Ingredients:

  • 3 Chicken breasts, cut in half length wise to make 6
  • 1 to 2 c. BBQ sauce
  • 1/3 c. any Mustard
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 c. Red or Sherry cooking wine (optional)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 2 Scallions, diced
  • Mozzarella cheese, sliced into pieces at least 1 cm thick
  • Bacon, cooked

Cooking Directions:

Mix all the sauces, garlic salt, and pepper together, add a little water and stir. Pour over chicken breasts in 9x13 pan. Marinade chicken at least an hour (if you have time). Cook chicken in sauce for @ 20 min at 350 or until almost done. Cover chicken with cheese and top with bacon. Bake for another 10 min until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with scallions.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Last night we had the chicken with the cornflakes and ranch. It was yummy. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. :( The chicken Bacon Bake is next on the list. Can't wait!!