It is very simple, tasteful and makes great left overs. If you have cilantro, I would definitely sprinkle it on top. Can't go wrong with cilantro!
Santa Fe Chicken (serves 5-6)
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 bag frozen white corn
- 1 can Ro-tel (replace with a little extra salsa if you don’t like spice)
- 1 small can green chilies, mild
- 1/2 c salsa
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (can use frozen)
- 1-2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 8 oz package cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
*For vegetarian meal, don't add chicken, can add an additional 1/2 can of beans
Combine all ingredients except the cream cheese in a crock-pot. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hrs (depending on crock pot). Shred chicken and mix in cream cheese, cook another 10 min, until cheese is melted. Stir and serve.
Serve over rice, in tortillas or w/ tortilla chips.