How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Phad Thai

We love Thai food in our house, Phad Thai is a favorite. I've tried a couple recipes and blended them into this one. I'm happy to say that my brother, who served a mission in Thailand, said it tasted exactly like something he would have eaten over there, but with way less spice.
Phad Thai
Ingredients:
  • Thick Rice Stick Noodles, or I often just use fettuccine noodles
  • 1 1/2 c. cooked meat, shrimp tastes awesome, Tofu tastes great for vegetarian dish
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 c. scallions, chopped
  • 1-2 c. bean sprouts, rinsed
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 4 Tbsp tomato sauce
  • 4-5 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
  • 1-2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce (add more for extra spice)
  • 1-2 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • Cilantro, chopped
  • Chopped roasted peanuts
Cooking Directions:
Soak rice stick noodles in warm water until soft, or cook fettuccine noodles. Set aside. In small bowl, combine tomato and Teriyaki sauces, peanut butter, brown sugar, and lime juice.

Heat wok with small amount of oil. Add garlic and chili sauce. Cook about 2 min. Add egg and stir to scramble. Add sprouts and scallions and cook another minute. Add noodles, sauce mixture, and shrimp. Stir and cook until heated through. Serve immediately, sprinkled with cilantro and crushed peanuts on top.

1 comment:

Young Family said...

Loved the Pad Thai Amber! Give me more of that kind of stuff! We have been doing each of your home page recipes, and are loving them. But now I am ready to get weekly grocery lists. How do I do it now?
Thanks Amber, you are amazing!