How it works

How it works...On the tool bar you will find categories of menus I have put together. If you would like to try one out, email me or comment on the most recent post and I will send you the recipes, along with a shopping list (see sample menu). Please remember to include your email. Or just enjoy the recipes I have posted! adoxeymeals@gmail.com

Friday, July 1, 2011

Omma Rice/ Fried Rice

This is a family favorite. There was rejoicing when Dad cooked it for us.

This is a great way to use leftover rice, it is the recipe to make fried rice, obviously without the egg over it.

Omma-Rice

Ingredients:

  • Eggs
  • Left over rice (that has been refrigerated)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 to 2 c. Chopped veggies (chopped Green pepper, carrots, celery)
  • Soy sauce
  • Butter

Cooking Directions:

In wok, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat, sauté onions (and any other veggies) in butter. Break up cold rice and add to wok (may need to add more butter so the rice doesn’t burn). Dash in desired amount of soy sauce (I use about 1 Tbs).. Stir-fry rice until heated through. Set on low, don’t let it burn.

In small frying pan, fry an egg. Sprinkle with pepper.


Serve with fried egg over the rice, I really like it with ketchup and I'm not a huge ketchup fan.

No comments: