Three-cheese stuffed Pasta Shells (serves 6)
- 12-15 Jumbo pasta shells
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 12-oz container cottage cheese (drained)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c. Mozzerella Cheese + 1/2 c.
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Spinach, chopped (I chop up one very large handful)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Pepper to taste
Cook shells until tender but firm, add cold water to pot to make sure they stop cooking. Sauté garlic and onion in a little olive oil until just barely tender. Combine egg, the 3 cheeses, spices, onion and garlic, and spinach together.
Fill each shell with a spoonful of cheese mixture. Place in baking dish. Pour tomato sauce and tomatoes over shells when done. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Cover dish. Cook at 350 for 20 min, then uncovered for 10 min.